Business of Being a Writer
Finding work, filing tax, managing deadlines, sending invoices… welcome to the life of a writer. We know how confusing it can be trying to navigate the business side of creativity so we’ve designed this special masterclass to give you the tools and confidence to work as a writer.
With five sessions, two inspiring keynote addresses, handouts, and plenty of time for questions, we’ll help you navigate the business of being a writer. Sessions will cover:
- Business & legals – from getting an ABN to sorting out tax and insurance
- Getting the money in – setting rates, how to invoice and managing tax flow
- Process & organisation – juggling projects, time management and good work practices
- Relationships – maintaining good relationships, finding work and support networks
- Marketing & self-promotion – how to get your name out there and keep it out there