The gaming market continues to grow, and concepts and stories are becoming more sophisticated in structure and style.
AFTRS introductory workshop is designed to give aspiring game writers the fundamental skills, knowledge and techniques required to write successfully for the games industry. It will explore the interactive strength of the medium and outline and explain the avenues and technologies available that game writers can utilise. This course will get you started and refine your technique.
Aims and Objectives
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Outline stories for games using traditional storytelling and structural techniques
- Understand how games integrate mechanics, rewards, and non-linear elements
- Write game-specific scenes, including conversations and characters
- Deconstruct existing games to better understand their storytelling techniques, including plot, character, dialogue, and theme
- Use available technology to write for specific game engines